Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tumor Be Gone

I am pleased to say there is a noticeable difference in the tumor size after only one treatment. My oncologist has not confirmed this as he does not examine the area until after the second treatment which is when a difference in the breast normally appears.

However, I have had every individual that has felt the tumor prior to chemo "man handle" me to confirm the difference as I wanted to be sure my mind was not playing tricks on me.

In addition, I have asked Dr. Durana, the acupuncturist, if he could "see" a difference and he replied, "Sure, I will take a look."

Last week, he confirmed the tumor does appear smaller. It's not as "thick and wide." Yesterday, I asked him to "look" again and he said it appears even smaller. He also notes a burning sensation. Neither of us are quite sure what chemotherapy really does to a tumor, but maybe it disintegrates the tumor which is why I am now literally a "Hot Mess!"

This is THE BEST NEWS! I am so thankful for all my family and friends who are praying for me. Prayer is Powerful. I am convinced.

Today, is my second chemo treatment, so off I go!

1 comment:

  1. Definetly Prayer is a wonderful thing. I have not stopped praying. I told you of my mothers ordeal and I ask you to keep her in your prayer as well, as her pancreatic cancer has also moved into her liver. Her liver is enlarged and she can feel it whe she touches her side. :( So together we will keep pryaing for our miracles!!!

    ReplyDelete